How to Use a Vape Pen for Concentrates?
In just a couple of decades, marijuana has found itself in a completely different position. It has been decriminalized and legalized in many countries. That has led to a variety of marijuana products, including vaping concentrates.
At first, these concentrates didn’t come with cannabis, but the development of the vaping industry and cannabis products has made them a popular choice. If you are considering trying out concentrates by vaping them, you’ve come to the right place.
Today we are going to talk about how you can use concentrates with vape pens properly and why you should do it.
What Are Concentrates?
Let’s go back a bit and explain what concentrates are before we talk about how to vape them with a pen. These herbal concentrates of active cannabis ingredients come in many different options. They are also called “dabs” and contain only the essential active ingredients without any fluff.
Dabs are very potent because they are concentrated and have a strong flavor. The taste is also pure because there are no other unnecessary ingredients.
Types of Vapes You Can Use for Concentrates
At the moment, there are four different vape types you can use for concentrates. The popular option is to use the new dab pens, but some people also use other devices.
1. Vape Pens
If you are new to vaping concentrates, this is the best option. Vape pens are easy to use and carry around. You can choose from wickless pens or the ones that aren’t. They look like typical pens and have a cylindrical shape.
2. Desktop Vapes
Desktop vapes are static and are not portable. Multiple people can use it at the same time. In most cases, they need to be plugged in to operate. Desktop vaporizers have a balloon or a tube through which the vapor is inhaled.
These devices allow you to cool your vapor concentration. They are also portable, and the concentrate is heated up and filtered through water that cools the vapor down.
4. Non-pen vapes
These are similar to concentrated vape pens, only they have a skillet system.
Vape Pen Parts
There are hundreds of different vape pens out there. All of them have different designs and looks. However, in most cases, they have these essential parts:
Chargers aren’t attached to the pen itself, and they are used to charge batteries.
The battery is the largest individual part of every vape pen. It gives the power necessary to vape properly.
The mouthpiece is the part that goes into the mouth. It’s used to inhale the vapor, and it’s attached to a heating coil.
4. Heating Chamber
This part is attached to the battery, and it has a heating coil. The concentrate is placed inside it where it’s exposed to heat and turned into vapor.
How to Use a Concentrate Vape Pen Properly
Vape pens are the easiest to use for vaporizing concentrate. There are different types of concentrates out there, so make sure to get the right concentrates or use vape juices that really work. But in most cases, vape pens are versatile and can be used for any concentrate.
- Before using your pen, read the manual and remove the plastic cap that’s usually on the battery compartment.
- Charge up the battery using the charger. Make sure that it’s fully charged before using it.
- When the battery is charged, attach it to the heating chamber. With most vape pens, you will have to press the button several times to activate the device (refer to the manual).
- The next step is to load your heating chamber with concentrate. Find the housing opening and load the dab onto the heating element. Make sure to put the recommended amount.
- After you’re done, close the heating chamber properly.
- When your unit is loaded and charged up, the next step is to attach the mouthpiece on the opposite side of the battery.
- To inhale the vapor, press the button on the battery and inhale through the mouthpiece. Release the button a second earlier before you stop inhaling to ensure there is no vapor left in the device.
Congratulations, you’ve learned how to use a concentrated vape pen. Make sure to turn off your pen once you’ve finished using it and clean out the chamber regularly. With proper maintenance, your device will last for a long time.
Dab pens are a fun and safe way to consume THC without any combustion. They are discreet and don’t cause any smell or smoke. They are easy to use and carry. If you are looking for something discreet and efficient, this is the right option for you.
Norm Bour started VapeMentors in 2013 and since then has consulted in every sector of the Vape and CBD space worldwide. He is a renown author, speaker and trainer.