It’s the Big Dogs vs. the Little Ones – the FDA vs. US – as we share two amazing interviews from two different perspectives. One is the view of a brick & mortar shop owner and how they have been affected by regulations. The other is from one of the most esteemed vaping legal experts in the country.Vape Radio 68: Interview with an FDA Legal Expert & An Activist Vape Shop Owner Click To Tweet
What you’ll hear today:
- Reports from OMB hearing participants and their feedback
- The Montana Quit Line is promoting incorrect information and propaganda
- The FDA was forced to address a new invention: e-cigarettes and they had no idea how to do that
- E-cigs were initially considered “drug delivery devices” until the Supreme Court decided against that
- A draft of the FDA rules was leaked by an organization called TVECA. Catch VAPE radio show #65 with Tom Kiklas for details on that
- The OMB got successively more educated with each hearing
- The FDA may be just regulators but not enforcers
- A coalition called Right to Be Smoke Free Coalition, (www.r2bsmokefree.org) formed to fight the pending laws in Indiana and the possible FDA decision
- Insight about the aggressive Indiana state agency’s efforts to control vape shops
- After July 1, 2016, it may be impossible to sell liquids in Indiana
- You cannot sit by without getting involved
- It doesn’t matter where you live. There are opportunities and challenges everywhere
- It may be possible to still meet with OMB in Washington, DC
- Many items were NOT addressed in these new regs
- Brick & mortar shops may be less impacted; e-liquids will be affected more and consumers will have fewer choices
- You’ll see consolidation and closures in the future
- Did these hearing make a difference or was it a façade? You decide.
I hope you got some value of these interviews as well as the last show with Five Pawns. This battle is far from over so it’s time for everyone to get onboard and get involved.
- Get Involved!
- Pay attention to negative press and try to overcome it
- If you’d like to hear Azim’s one-hour FDA update webinar, please contact [email protected]
- If the regs go through as planned, vaping products would be considered tobacco products, and liquid manufacturers would be considered tobacco manufacturers
- The vape space will be very dynamic for many years to come
- We should be proactive, not reactive in this fight
- To contact Azim: [email protected]
Author: Norm Bour
Norm Bour is the founder of VapeMentors and the host of the award-winning podcast Vape Radio. He’s a vape industry coach, speaker, author and can be seen rubbing shoulders with the top influencers in the vape industry.