[vc_row type=”in_container” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”2/3″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Today’s interview is with Jason Carignan, CMO of Kreket International, and their subsidiary, Phillips and King.
There is one vape event that stands apart from the others and that is TPE. Tobacco Plus Expo is the official name, but most call it TPE for short. The show will be held on Jan. 25-26 in Las Vegas and the good news is that it’s free to all of us in the vape space.
Here’s why I make TPE a “must attend” event and you should to.
This show is an indicator of the direction of the vaping industry. Now that tobacco and vape are considered the same per the FDA, we are brothers in name, though not in culture. Add in the fringe elements of “alternatives,” including cannabis, hookah and similar products, and the unification of these vices may show us the future.Vape Radio 84: TPE May Indicate the Future of the Vape Industry Click To Tweet
What you’ll hear today:
- The show has been owned my Kretek since 2009, which was founded 34 years ago, in 1982. Phillips and King is more than 100 years old
- The show is predominantly focused on the tobacco industry but has expanded into glassware, vapor and cannabis
- Kretek believes that vaping is here to stay, but must innovate and adapt
- Consolidation and attrition are inevitable, along with acquisition
- What is “alternative?” It includes cannabis, but that is becoming mainstream. Hookah is included, ditto clove cigars
- Tommy Chong (Cheech & Chong) will be a keynote speaker at TPE
- The last election in November may have been the Tipping Point regarding legalization of pot
- We will see consolidation of smoke, vape and head shops in the future
- Glassware is a big seller!
- Phillips & King carries about 25,000 different SKUs
- The TPE show is at the Las Vegas Convention Center and includes four separate “kingdoms” of tobacco, vape, alternative, and general merchandise with lounges in all
- All retailers are welcome to attend and they expect 250 exhibitors
- Education will be offered in the mornings from 8:00-11:00
- The show is free, but not on site!
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/3″][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”cs-2″][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Norm Bour is the founder of VapeMentors and the host of the award-winning podcast Vape Radio. He’s a vape industry coach, speaker, author and can be seen rubbing shoulders with the top influencers in the vape industry.