Today’s interview is with Derrick Woods with e-Pure Liquids. His company is offering e-liquid sellers a great option moving forward and what could be a make-sense way to stay in business.
If you are in the liquid business we’re opening a new division within VapeMentors called PMTA Advisors to help you with options and choices and give you guidance moving forward.
What’s prompting this is D-Day- August 8. Things are happening everywhere. New products being launched and current ones being redone.
VAPExpo in Amsterdam and Prague are coming up. Please come meet with me! The first two weeks of august I’ll be touring as many companies and shops as I can.
If you heard vape radio #78, we talked about a new movie about vaping called A Billion Lives. It is now coming to the US, so stay tuned since it may be coming to a theater near you!
After 8/8 you cannot make any changes to your product. That means any changes. For those in the liquid market that are doing significant volume you must be sure that your lab, or the one you use, is set to upgrade to new requirements. Problem is, we don’t know exactly what those may be. So most are going to the extreme and are making pharmaceutical grade labs.
VAPE U III: Vape Summit. 4 days, 20 hours with 20+ of the most amazing thought leaders in the vape space to educate and empower you. Price is $197 until August 8.Vape Radio 80: An Easier Way for E-liquid Sellers to Stay in Business Click To Tweet
Hyperlinks of any links discussed in the show. If there are not links then please delete this section and section title. If there are links display them as an unordered list.
What you’ll hear today:
- The August deadline will cause many businesses to close- unless they adapt to the new FDA requirements
- Derrick opened the second vape shop in Kansas City, KS
- Most are surprised the FDA regulations are as harsh as they are
- e-Pure has committed to staying in the game and helping other companies do likewise
- “What is considered to be a new product?” The FDA was not 100% clear
- ANY changes create a new product
- cGMP guidelines are not 100% clear, either, but creating a pharmaceutical lab is extreme, but more likely to be approved
- The process of creating a sterile environment can cost tens of thousands of dollars
- e-Pure starting prepping and upgrading their labs last year, expecting the worse, and are laying a foundation that other companies can join
- A PMTA can contain multiple flavors, each treated differently and separately
- The “base files” will be the same for all flavors, but just requires an “add on”
- Theoretically, getting approval of a low MG and a high MG flavor should allow the ones in the middle to be more easily approved
- e-Pure will amortize the costs per bottle rather than charge a large upfront fee
- In the future the number of products may be in the hundreds rather than thousands
- PMTA Advisors, a new division of VapeMentors, can help you adapt to the new rules
- The enforceability of the new regulations are unknown
Author: Norm Bour
Norm Bour is the founder of VapeMentors and the host of the award-winning podcast Vape Radio. He’s a vape industry coach, speaker, author and can be seen rubbing shoulders with the top influencers in the vape industry.